Sunday, March 19, 2006

Oops, missed a week

Ack! I forgot to blog last week. Looks like you survived without it though. :)

Mostly I've been working so there isn't too much to say. We saw Walk the Line last weeekend and I highly recommend it. Really good movie and a very untraditional love story. Of course, if you don't like Johnny Cash's music, you might want to skip it. A lot of great songs are played during it and I had several of them trapped in my head for days.

This weekend, Rod, Marc and I had a little mini-pubcrawl down Whyte Ave. The Attic, Monkey Island, the Armoury and BPs. It was a really fun night with too much money spent as usual. The only down note was the attempt to get home. Trying to find a cab after the bars have closed, on St. Paddy's day, in a blizzard - really really hard! We walked from 109 St to 103 St before we found one.

Yesterday, I went to Baby M's first birthday party. I can't believe he's a year old already! There were several other little kids there and lots of family members. It was your standard birthday party - presents and cake, with about a million pictures taken. Good fun and excellent cake.

My big accomplishment this week was I finally cleaned my sewing room. It had become the room of doom, the place where I threw everything I didn't know what to do with. Took me ages to get it all sorted again and I have one giant bag and one box of stuff that either needs to be donated or taken to the eco-station. Anyone need an old bubble jet printer (i have 2 extra ones...) or a laptop without an operating system? Yeah, I didn't think so.

No comments: