Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Update

Oops. Two weeks since my last post. I swear it's not my new addiction to facebook, but the incredibly lousy internet connection I've been suffering from. It's been so bad that I've been doing other things. I spent a large amount of time on the phone with my service provider last night though, and it appears (fingers crossed) to be fixed.

So - weekend one. Cooking lessons! My grandmother taught me to make bread. Sooooo yummy. I'd made bread on my own before, but it was always heavy and non-fluffy. I learned some tricks (scald the milk and let cool) and how to knead properly, which is what makes the real difference. Darn it, I shouldn't be typing about this. I know I still have two loaves in the freezer. On Sunday, Rod and I did the Grouse Grind, his first, my second. It was much easier the second time, as the mental energy was there. I knew what was ahead and I knew I could it. Rod had a difficult time though. I waited for him at both the 1/4 and 1/2 marks, but once he made the 1/2 , I knew he'd be able to finish and arranged to met him at the top. My total time was 1h 33min, slightly slower than before, but that includes my wait times. I don't want to just minus the time I waited because I was more rested for the next sections when I started again. Later that day, my sister and I made dinner for my parents for Father's Day. Peanut chicken skewers and roasted veggies. Poor dad - had to watch us kids use his bbq :)

Weekend two - went camping with various people. So much fun. I love being outside. I used my new backpack and carried most of what I needed - 43lbs on my back. Didn't have a cook stove though or a water filter, as I borrowed those. Got to use my new sleeping bag - so warm, thank god, as it hailed our last morning. Went for a nice hike on Saturday and we really lucked out with the weather. Most of the weekend was dry.

Long weekend approaching! Holly is coming to Vancouver for the weekend. I also want to work on my To-Do list that I've been ignoring for months. We'll see what happens.

No comments: