Sunday, July 30, 2006

Two weeks to go

It's been a long two weeks. A couple of days after Erin's stagette, I started feeling achy and tired. At first I thought it was just a summer cold, but it was very unpleasant. I went home early on Wednesday because I so tired. Worked Thursday, but called in sick Friday because my throat was so sore I could barely swallow. On Saturday it felt like I tried to swallow a golf ball and it got stuck. I thought about going to a medicentre to see a doctor, but on Sunday it seemed to be getting a bit better. Besides, I figured it was probably viral and there was nothing they could do for me. I went to work Monday because I didn't feel sick - my throat was still a bit sore but other than that, I thought I was fine. An hour after I started work, I started feeling dizzy and passed out. We have an employee nurse on staff and she came and took me to the first aid room. Apparently, my blood pressure was 88/56. Pretty low. After I recovered enough to walk, I went to a medicentre. Had my throat swabbed since it still hurt, my pressure taken again (98/60, coming up!), and blood collected. They called me on Tuesday (I stayed home again) and told me I had an infection. Yep, figured that out. Wednesday they called (I went to work that day) and it turns out I had strep throat. Never had that before, never ever want to again. I started antibiotics that day and my throat stopped hurting Thursday. Antibiotics are wonderful!!!

So other than being sick, I haven't much to say. Was mildly social with Erin and Kim on Friday - we went to the gym, out for coffee and then visited the boys who had a Starcraft tournament. It tired me out though and I spent Saturday sleeping. Apparently I wasn't quite all the way well yet. Felt okay today though and went to the gym again with Erin.

Haven't got much packing done since I felt so horrible. Most of my books are packed though and that's a decent dent. My 1970s fabulous couch and matching chair are gone now. I donated them to a friend's garage sale and they were picked up on Thursday. I think they were the very first thing I bought when I moved out of rez, but I'm not sure. I can't remember if Nancy (my first roommate) had a couch when we lived on Whyte. I do remember that I got the couch, the chair, a coffee table and 2 end tables for 100 bucks though - what a deal :) I have my Ikea day bed/spare bed in the living room now so I can have somewhere to sit. It looks quite odd, but it works for now.

Oh, and the condo has been sold. Had three offers the night after the first sale went through, all very close to each other. Accepted one and it was final that week. Good news. Still working on the place to live part, hoping to hear good news tomorrow.

Only 2 weeks left before the move. Eep.

No comments: