Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Gay Marriage Letter Writing - Update

A few days ago, I was extremely pleased to find a response to one of the emails I sent out regarding gay marriage. Laurie Blakeman, the MLA for Edmonton-Centre, had taken the time to reply. I have also heard from a friend that she got a response from Laurie Blakeman as well. So, if this issue is important to you, take the time to write to your MLA and MP. Apparently they actually get read!

I asked Laurie Blakeman for permission to post her email to me and it was granted.

-------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your letter. I couldn't agree more and I'm not surprised
you live in Edmonton-Centre. You have expressed the prevailing point of
view for my constituents and the main reason why I am so delighted to
continue to represent such a tolerant and diverse riding.

You also did the right thing in writing to the Premier. He often
reacts to issues that I know are important to my constituents by saying
that it is no big deal and he hasn't had many (or any) calls or letters
about the issue. So I now know that at least one person besides myself
has made themselves heard on this important issue.
Thanks again for writing. Keep in touch.

laurie

No comments: