Friday, December 31, 2004

Trooper

I saw Trooper tonight at the Globe downtown. It was absolutely fabulous. There's nothing like screaming (oops, I mean singing) along to Raise A Little Hell or We're Here For A Good Time (Not A Long Time). Even the opener was good - Feverburn. I recommend checking out their show if you get a chance.

All my complaints are centred on the idiot people who go to concerts! Although odds are someone out there had issues with me and my front row stance, I still have some specific comments to make.

To the short redhead - every reason I had for supporting the anti-smoking bylaw has now been replaced by one. I never want you to have a cigarette in your hand in a bar again. Dancing and jumping around with a burning cig above your head is completely moronic! The rest of us truly appreciated the red hot ash falling down on us. Truly.

To the semi-cute guy with the full glass of Guinness - Why did you pay for that drink and then bring it out onto the dance floor still full? I'm sure my washing machine will appreciate drinking it more than you ever would.

And finally to the extremely drunk blonde chick - First of all, don't borrow clothes from your teenage daughter. It really doesn't suit you. If you are going to wear it, keep your shirt done up at least partway. It really isn't as funny as you think. And oh, those bruises on your back - they are from my elbow as I tried to keep you from knocking me over for the eighteenth time.

There's a weird buzzing in my ears. A sign of a good concert. Or at least that I was standing too close to the speakers again.

No comments: