Sunday, September 17, 2006

blahblahblah

Excellent news - I finally finished my living room curtains! I think I like them, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I still have to make the matching roman shade for the patio door and possibly some cushions for the couch (aka the spare bed...). Then I'm moving onto my Christmas projects! Yes, that's right. I have a long list of things I want to make and a large number of them involve my favourite thing of all - hand sewing.

I had a really nice weekend. I had Friday off and spent it running errands and I went shopping with my mum. Friday night, my high school girl friends and I had a sleepover. Very old school, much laughing involved. Saturday, my sister, Rod, Fancy and I tried an Italian restaurant near my house. I thought it was quite good, but when they warn you of large portions, they really mean it. I think I could share a pasta dish with 3 people. We played a few board games after dinner and my sister stayed over. This morning, we went for a workout and a swim and then I spent the rest of the day sewing.

So I must say after a week of being a car owner, I'm loving it. The fall weather is settling in and it was very sweet being able to get groceries without having to walk in the rain. No twenty five minute waits at creepy bus stations! No two hour ride to see my parents. Of course, I haven't filled up the tank yet, so we will see how much I love it after that.

No comments: