Monday, November 20, 2006

So that massive storm we had last week led to the largest boil water advisory in Canadian history. My area only had the warning for a day, but it's still ongoing where my parents live. I was up there on the weekend, and it's just nasty looking. Somewhere past tea coloured and heading towards coffee. Blech. I tend to drink a lot of pop when I'm at their place anyway.

My weekend was full of craft fairs again. Three actually, including a 'Swedish Christmas Market' that my dad got a big kick out. Lots of things that reminded him of his childhood apparently. There were definitely quite a few things that are part of our family's Christmas - straw reindeer, winter gnomes, angel candle chimes, rye bread. No hardtack though, but we did share a bowl of rice pudding.

Went to the Canucks game Sunday night with Rodney - the ticket was my birthday present. Great game - 2 to 1 for the Canucks. I wore my 1990-ish Canucks jersey and cheered for the home team. I kinda want a Trevor Linden jersey :) I wonder how conflicted I'll feel at the January game when the Canucks play the Oilers.

No comments: