Sunday, July 15, 2007

Want to go kayaking?

Just in case you care, my latest version of my bedroom curtains turned out fine. I don't love them, but they work.

I had a nearly perfect weekend - the only thing that would have made it better would have been having Friday off. Saturday, I met up with an old college friend (Jen) for coffee. We probably hadn't seen each other in 3 years, but it's been 7 since we spent any quality time together. We spent a couple of hours together catching up and before I left, I met her new girlfriend who seems very sweet. We completely intend to get together again. That night, I went kayaking for the first time. I now have a new love and can't wait to try it again. Since I had zero experience, I went in the front of a double kayak, so I didn't learn to steer with the rudder pedals and really want to try that. I've got to figure out when I can go again. We finished around sundown, about 9pm, so I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with Rod and Fancy. My kind of day - social and active!

This morning, I climbed the Grouse Grind again and am amazingly impressed with my new time. I felt slow, although I only stopped to let people pass and to take a water break at the 1/4 marks, so I was shocked to discover my new record was 1 hour 21 minutes. Shaved 9 minutes off! My goal of breaking 1 hr 15 seems actually possible. Afterwards I drove to my parents to borrow their driveway and hose to wash my car. I wanted to save a whole $10 by not taking it to the drive thru carwash, but I think the amount of effort I expended and the quality of the wash I did has proven to me that the $10 I spend is well worth it.

ohhhh - I know what I wanted to blog about! I parallel parked for the first time since buying my car last August! And it worked on the first try! Woohoo!! (Of course, when I had to parallel park again later the same day, it didn't go as well, but I'm still basking in the joy of my first one.)

Darn it, only 15 minutes until Monday.

No comments: