Sunday, June 04, 2006

Phew!

Wow - talk about a couple of crazy busy weeks!

First, my sister came for a visit and we had a blast. I attempted to budget for the weekend, but completely blew it as we moved into the malls. We went to West Ed on Friday, Southgate on Saturday and City Centre on Sunday. We also saw two movies (Over the Hedge and Kinky Boots). Saturday night, we had a little pub crawl down Whyte. It was an odd night on Whyte as there was a game the night before and the night after and it seemed like people were home resting up. Add in some rain and Whyte was just dead. Nice for us though - we ended up going to 6 bars as there were no lines! BP's, Thirsty Turtle, Funky Buddha, Hudson's, Wooly Bully's and Pub 1905. We had a lot of fun and got along great - not having to share a bathroom probably helped a lot :)

Shortly after my sister left, my dad showed up for some serious work around the place. It's too bad the work required me to pack up my computer because I had some great blog thoughts while I was working. I learned some valuable lessons like when someone asks if you need a shower, never answer "later". When "later" arrives, one bathtub will be full of packing boxes and the other will be blocked by large furniture items. Also, five minutes after both toilets are removed, you will need to use them! We (and by that, I mean mostly my dad) accomplished a lot. New carpets, new vinyl, new doors, new casings, new baseboards, painted ceilings, painted walls, plus a million fix it jobs. I think my place looks amazing!

Everything is back where it belongs finally, although I still have a few touch-ups to do. I intend to do them today, I really do. If you are interested, I posted pics of the place and of my sister's visit on my home page.

No comments: