Sunday, June 11, 2006

Thank you hockey gods

Had a nice weekend. Watched the hockey game with a friend (go boys go!!) and then we went to see Prairie Home Companion. A cute but odd Robert Altman movie. Some weird, out of left field twists. The Bad Joke song with Woody Harrelson and John C. Reilly was very very funny. I only gave it 3.5 stars out of 5, but mostly because it left me wanting more. I just felt there was more story that could have been told, a little bit more detail needed.

I'm really proud of how I did this week, sticking to my diet/exercise routine. I actually worked out every day for the last 6 days! I can't believe how hard running is again, after a 3 week hiatus. It's just brutal. I'm hoping the improvement will come quickly since my body should know what to do. My endurance just lacks this week though. I still got in good workouts though, just not continuous running.

I finished an interesting book this week. Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. It talks about the effect fast food chains have had on America's culture, economy, diet, and landscape. The sections on meatpacking were very detailed and disturbing, although I mostly knew that already. I very rarely eat fast food, and I won't eat it any less than I currently do, but I admit that I was very grateful that I was already planning to eat vegetarian that day. It was a really great read and I recommend it.

No comments: