Wednesday, August 09, 2006

one new thing done

I have an announcement.

I, who willingly admits to being the greatest yellow bellied chicken in existence, finally overcome my fear and rode Marc's motorcycle tonight.

Yeah, I'll probably never do that again.

All we did was ride around the parking lot and my little side street, but any time he got over 30, I had to yell at him to slow down. My hands still hurt from clutching at the little handhold bars.

Can't believe I rode a motorbike.

As for the rest - packing still continues! ARGHHHHHHHHH! Only two more days left work. 4 days to go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fancy told Rod, who told me that you blogged about this...

You know you loved it! It's only a matter of time before you beg for another ride ;-)

Fancy C. Poitras said...

Why Marc...does this imply you'll be soon heading west? Cause I know our dear girl won't be going back to Edmonton with the sole purpose of taking another ride on a machine that terrifies her still :)

Go West young man...then I could put you through a Zinger Boot camp, get you fit enough to trade good-humoured insults with a Grade 6'er :P

Jette dear, good for you! I think it's good that you experienced it at least once, and that I was not the one driving.

Anonymous said...

Oh, who knows? One day she could get the urge to be terrified again @ 30km/h...I think I could oblige her!

But I'm pretty rooted here in Alberta. I know I will ride there some day, though...