Sunday, January 07, 2007

owie

Oh, I am in so much pain. I was super motivated on Friday and went for a major workout. Several hours, doing both strength training and a run. Apparently I either did too much weight or too many reps. I swear I stretched. A lot! But egad the pain.... I knew Friday night it was going to be bad. Saturday morning was horrifying, especially since I had to go to work. Sitting for 8 hours didn't help. It still aches this morning. Saturday morning it was my qlutes, but by late last night it had migrated down to my calves. That's what still hurts the most. And tomorrow, I'm supposed to go back to the gym!

Friday night, Rod and I went to the Canucks vs Oilers game. Pretty good game, even though the Oil lost in OT. 3-2. Saturday, I worked my first weekend shift. It was a good day, even though it was a Saturday! Shouldn't have to work another one for 3-4 months so that's pretty good. After work, I went to a movie with my sister - The Pursuit of Happyness. Not bad, not great. Today was sheer laziness. A little sewing, a little cleaning, a lot of reading and sleeping. Only one day off in a row is weird, I don't feel like getting stuff done. Especially since it would have required moving my aching muscles. Bah, work tomorrow again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about the pain, I can totally sympathize! If you do the relax step a little faster of each rep, instead of prolonging it, it won't hurt so much! Hope you feel better soon! Here's a really geeky sentence for you...Eccentric muscle contraction leads to delayed onset muscle soreness. Yay kinesiology (sorta)!