Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Month long summary

Wow, I've been a lousy poster this past month. I blame facebook. Stupid addiction.

Where to begin? It's only been a whole month....

Ah yes, did you know hell froze over? Yes, that's right. Rod and Fancy have set a wedding date! September 2008! Congrats you two and many hugs! (You know I'm mostly kidding about hell freezing over *g*)

My couch and entertainment cabinet have arrived and are in place! I just need my coffee table back and maybe an area rug to complete my living room. I need to put up my blinds (I intended to do it tonight, but my drill wasn't charged!) and my last few paintings as well.

What else - my parents returned from their month long cruise/trip to Italy with a fantastic souvenir for me. White wine glasses from Murano, Italy. They are hand blown glass, all in one piece, with a smooth goblet and a twisted stem. To me, the top of the stem sort of looks like a dragon claw holding up the goblet.

May 4 was my sister's birthday and we decided to have a birthday weekend. Friday, I had to work, so she went out with my parents to a greek restaurant. Saturday, we had dinner at my parents with cake and presents, followed by a SINGLES pub crawl in Gastown. About 40 people, mostly in their late 20s/30s. Blarneystone, Lion's Pub, Steamworks, and Shine. The first three were more or less pubs, but Shine was a dance bar. I had a blast. I think she did too. She was drinking and dancing anyway :) By the end of the night, there were about 6 of us hanging out together and I actually asked one of the guys for his number. I eventually got up the courage to call him and asked him to do something. He said yes, but we are having some scheduling difficulties. I get the feeling he's "just not that into me", which is fine. Much easier to ask out a guy you've only known for about 4 hours than someone you actually know and like! No feelings to get hurt yet.

*L* I'm going through my pictures trying to figure out what I did this last month.

Last weekend was crazy busy. Friday was my mum's birthday. She went to her mum's for dinner first, which worked for me, as I got to go watch my friend's softball team. I'm kind of a sub, but that was the first game I've been able to go to due to my work schedule and they didn't need me. I got to score keep though. Went to my parents for cake and presents and as soon as my mum mentioned her need for sleep, I went back to my friend's house for the post-softball beers. Saturday was May cooking lesson day and we put together dinner for my mum's bday/mother's day. Seared scallops, salmon or beef wellington, veggies, with apple crisp and strawberry mousse for dessert. Sunday was actual mother's day which meant dinner at my parents' with my grandmothers. Basically, I used a lot of gas money!

Heather's coming out to Vancouver this weekend, so perhaps there will be a story or two coming soon....*L*

No comments: