Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend

Weirdly nice long weekend, considering that I had to work. Friday, after work, I went to my friend's house, where we amused ourselves by watching the guys drink and by baking cookies. Even though her oven sucketh (who has ever heard of an oven that is 350F on the dial, but 400F on the thermometer and the temp goes up when you turn the dial down??), the cookies turned out mostly okay. They looked good, but watching 3 drunk guys devour cookies is no indication of the tastiness. I had to try one for proof. For future reference, always make your cookies with chocolate chips and skor bits.

Working Saturdays would actually be great, if it wasn't Saturday. Super busy, followed by gentle lulls where you can take a relaxed break, followed by super busy. After, Rod and I went out for Thai food.

Sunday was spent at the Vancouver Aquarium with my old roommate, Heather, and her friend Sarah. The aquarium is seriously cool - although my favourite had to be the jellyfish. And the belugas. I could watch both for ages. The jellyfish make better pics though. I loaded them on my facebook account since there were just too many for my geocities account to bother.

I think there should be places where you can order chocolate for delivery.

Oh - and valuable lesson learned. My smoke detector is RIGHT outside the kitchen and it's super sensitive. I was making fajitas and heating the tortillas. I saw no smoke, smelt no smoke and suddenly the alarm was wailing. Open windows, open doors, stick the frying pan on the balcony, stand on chair and wave fresh air. Goodgod, it's loud. It eventually turned off thankfully, but why in the world would it be right out the kitchen door?

No comments: