Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recipe post

1) Had a really good time during my weekend in Shuswap. Spent most of Saturday on White Lake, sitting on a barge. I'd swim in the lake, dry off on the barge while reading my book, and swim in the lake. The drive back was loooonnnggggg. Construction, plus rain = argh. And I was a sleeping passenger so I had it easy!

2) Dating. I've gone out with several guys as of late, but the only thing I have to say about any of my recent dates has been - "It's fine." Fine. And I don't mean, woohoo, he's fine, I mean, it didn't suck. They were all nice, easy to talk to, seem okay. But...... Something lacks!

3) I baked like crazy last weekend and froze most of it for the housewarming/tea party I plan to have in late September. And before you mock my tea party, most of the invitees will be family members and it's an afternoon thing. There will be the odd beer, but mostly Coke and cookies. And the whole point of this point is the following recipe, so amazing! It's on the back of the hershey mini kisses bag. And apparently it's warmer in my apt than I thought because I just got out the bag of chocolate and it's slightly mushy.

Peanut Butter Blossoms

* HERSHEY'S Mini Kisses
* 1/2 cup shortening or butter
* 3/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 3 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Granulated sugar (for rolling at end)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. 2. Cream together shortening, peanut butter in large bowl, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. 3. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. 4. Bake 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 9 dozen cookies.

4) Going camping again this weekend. Probably the last trip of the year. Should probably get organized tonight, but I sense I won't.

No comments: