Thursday, August 16, 2007

Two in a row

1) I saw my first real skunk today. I tried to get a picture, but it ran away, and I do know enough to know not to chase anything that has the potential to stink that bad.

2) I mentioned I joined a new gym. Got in a couple of good workouts and did weights yesterday. Apparently overdid it as the muscles connecting my arms to my body HURT and so do my quads. Turns out I lift my arms a lot at work. A lot.

3) My grandma is so cool. I really mean that. I love hanging out with her. Tonight, my family had dinner with her and she told the following story (it's about 1942, England, and my great-grandfather was a policeman): On Saturdays, my little sister Gwen and I would go into town to attend the village dance. After the dance, our two soldier friends would walk us home and it was just walking. No funny business! In fact, I think they were married, but they liked to dance. One night as we were walking home, Gwen whispered to me, "Father is behind that tree!" I looked over and there he was! My Father, the bobby, was on duty and following us home! That night when I got home, I wrote in my diary that Spy Number 1 had followed us. The next day, my diary disappeared and it was never returned.

She laughed so much as she recalled that story. I love hearing stories about her growing up, working during the war, living in London during the Blitz, meeting my grandfather, moving to Canada....

4) Weekend!

No comments: