Monday, October 23, 2006

Bowen

I had an absolutely fabulous day. I met up with my family, took a ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Bowen Island and spent the day outdoors. Amazing weather! It was the perfect fall day - the sun was shining, there was very little wind, and it got warm enough that I didn't even need a coat for most of the day (I was wearing a light sweater). We spent about three hours walking along the trails on the island, from the ferry dock up Alder Grove Trail to Killarney Lake Loop and coming back through the Meadow Trail. We had our brown bag lunches at the end of Killarney Lake, about our halfway point. I'm guessing about 8km, but I'm not too sure. We ended our hike with the ritual ice cream before we boarded the ferry back to the mainland. I took some really great pictures I think, as usual posted on my website . There is this really cool pic of a dragonfly, who was too wet to fly away while I took his photo.

I went back with my parents to their house and helped my dad with his Hallowe'en decorations for a while before supper. To say my dad gets into the Hallowe'en thing would be an incredible understatement. I haven't seen it in person for years obviously, so it was cool to help him. Can't wait until it's done and I can check it out. I wish I wasn't working that night, it would be a lot of fun to hand out candy.

Saturday was a pretty slow day for me, but nice anyway. I spent the day cleaning and chatting on the phone. Got to talk to both Erin and Lori and it was very very nice to catch up. I want to congratulate Erin again for finishing her half marathon earlier this month, with the fantastic time of 2:09:07. Just in case I haven't made it clear, I'm very impressed. 21 km. Eep. I also want to share the exciting news that Baby M has added both crayon and table to his vocab! It sucks not getting to see him grow, but I have to admit that this Vancouver thing is working out for me quite well.

Trying to think if anything else happened this week that I can share - sewing? Did some. Work? Yep, I went. Have stories, can't tell them as usual. Gym? Still there.... Going to try to crank up my work outs this week and I plan to get a personal trainer. My motivation has been lacking and I think I'm going to need someone kicking my ass through the Christmas season.

No comments: