Monday, October 30, 2006

Pumpkins!

I had an absolute blast this weekend. Yesterday, I had people over for a night of pumpkin carving.... at my parents' house. *L* So why there? My dad really, really, really gets into Hallowe'en. His yard is decorated to the nth degree. The last few years my sister has carved several pumpkins herself to add to his collection and she didn't want to do it alone. I thought it would be great to make an evening of it. I asked my parents if they would mind if I invited some people over for dinner (hamburgers on the BBQ, made by Dad) and pumpkin carving. They said it was fine. I sent out a few emails, invited some cousins and some friends, told them to bring their own pumpkin if they wanted to carve one and my dad would gladly adopt it if it needed a home. I honestly did not think everyone would say yes. Most people seem to roll their eyes when I mention pumpkin carving, but this year people got into it. Although apparently the chance to have one of "Uncle Ron's" burgers was a huge draw. 15 people! I had tons of fun. Before people came, we covered the floor with tarps just in case, put up two long tables and every chair in the house. We had burgers first (soooo yummy) and then cleared off the tables for the pumpkins! Some people used stencils, some people went classic and Rod went highly creative. He made one pumpkin look like two hands clinging to the bars of a jail cell and he peeled a second pumpkin to make this glowing orb/disco ball thingie. Very odd. I carved three (my dad bought 7 pumpkins and I bought 2, so there were lots as most people also brought one or two), two classics and one using a stencil of a skull. I think 17 pumpkins got carved and my dad was left with almost all of them! I can't wait to see how he's added them to his display. And yes, there are pictures. You know where.

Today was just a quiet day of running errands, going to the gym, sewing. The usual. I'm looking forward to this week - Hallowe'en and my birthday!! Really, it's my favourite week of the year. I get to have ice cream cake!

Oh yes - earlier this week, Fuzzy's friends came visiting him again. My poor little indoor kitty gets taunted by these two outdoor kitties who just want him to come play. Well, one does anyway. I think the white fluffy one is spoiling for a fight. Anyway, I got a great pic of one of the visits!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: