Sunday, October 01, 2006

Wow, October First already.....

I had a pretty nice weekend. Friday, I had a little adventure. I drove to Langley. Ok, so it's just the next community over but a big deal for me as I hate to drive places I haven't been. I needed to hit fabricland and it was the closest one (I think....) I had to turn LEFT across Hwy 10. *whines* People are scary. Construction zones are horrifying. I like being a passenger better, but I love being able to go when I want to go. I spent the rest of the day sewing and figured out how to heat my apartment this winter. Using the iron and the halogen lamp in my sewing room makes that room darn hot. Hothothot. I worked on pillows for my couch/day bed thingie. I only had enough scraps from the curtains (which I finished earlier this week) to make one 18" pillow. I also made 2 22" pillows and another 18" one, using the same fabric as the old 16" cushions I have. I need so many pillows to make the day bed narrower so I can actually lean against the cushions and have my feet on the floor.

Saturday, I met up with friends and went to the Telus World of Science. We saw an Imax movie on Greece and went to the Body Worlds 3 exhibit. If you haven't heard of it, it's an "stunning exhibit featuring almost 200 authentic human specimens preserved using the extraordinary method of Plastination". Donated human bodies. I know it sounds really morbid, but I found it hard to remember that they were real and not just incredibly detailed models. Although I found it really interesting, I only spent an hour looking at the exhibit. It was really crowded and I didn't find that part enjoyable. I think I would have spent more time if I had gone on a Wednesday instead of a Saturday. I also thought it was over priced. If it had just been the regular Science World price, I would have been fine, but it was an extra 10 bucks for the special exhibit.

Saturday night, Rod and I went to a pre-season hockey game at GM Place, Canucks versus the Oilers. It was so strange to be cheering for the away team! Nice game, with the Oilers taking it in overtime. Today was a quiet day. I had tea at my grandma's, went to the gym, and finished the last of my couch pillows. Onto the next project! Well, tomorrow anyway....

1 comment:

Yendor said...

Why is it that short people always have issues with their feet not touching the ground?