Monday, October 16, 2006

Delayed post

Oops, forgot to post last night. I was very very sleepy if that will serve as an excuse.

I had a great week at work as it was only 3 days long. My favourite kind of work week! I have now officially finished all my training. Very cool.

I also had a really nice weekend. Spent a relaxing Friday pretty much doing nothing. Had a massage, sewed a lot. Saturday, I had lunch with my sister, my cousins and Shivauna at a really nice sushi restaurant. We ordered a bunch of different rolls - a yam roll (very very tasty), a caterpillar roll (based on appearance, not contents - it has layers of avocado across the top), a spider roll (again on appearance - it has crab legs sticking out of each end, very creepy but tasty), california roll, and something else that I can no longer remember. Later that day, Shivauna and I went up to a party in Squamish at her friend's house. I had a great time, met some new people, went hot tubbing. We stayed the night (we had brought sleeping bags), and drove home in the morning. Even with the low clouds and rain, the view up there is just amazing. Lots of construction taking place on that road, but it has improved since the last time I remember going up there. Sunday, I had lunch with Rod and Fancy at a restaurant near their place.

Almost finished the first of my Christmas projects. This one is for me, so I don't know if it even counts. I have bought so much fabric lately. I need to ban myself from fabric stores again.

Andrea gave me some books to lend to Rod - Belgarath and Polgara. I decided to read them first *L*. I read the Belgariad and the Mallorean (I think I got those right), but never had any urge to read any more. But I have a very low TBR pile right now, and these just fell into my hands.

Ack, forgot to put my laundry in the dryer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a very long time David Eddings was my favorite author.