Monday, October 09, 2006

food is tasty

Should have typed this earlier, I'm too tired now. I love long weekends. I don't have to go to work tomorrow!

And... it's Turkey Weekend. On Saturday, I had people over to my house for dinner. My sister came over early and we cooked the meal together. 5.85 kg turkey, bread stuffing with onions, celery and carrots, yams in a brown sugar and orange juice glaze, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, buns and salad. For dessert, we made apple tarts in phyllo pastry. Shivauna also made a great peach and blueberry cobbler. A nice basic dinner for eight :)

Sunday night, I had a big family dinner at my grandmother's with even more dishes. There was a pureed yam and apple side dish and a pineapple fluff dessert that I really need to get the recipes for. Yummy.

I could type about sewing and going to the gym, but now all I can think about is food.

Kudos go out to Erin today. I haven't talked to her yet so I don't know how it went, but today was the Victoria half-marathon. I'm sure she did great, but in any event, congrats for being ambitious enough to even contemplate it!

No comments: