Saturday, March 03, 2007

Day 2

Well, I think I'm only wearing 2 colours of paint and since I used 3 colours, we'll consider this a reno miracle. We started pretty early this morning, a little after 8 am. Both my dad and sister came out then, my aunt at 9 and my mum at 10. My dad spent the entire day removing lighting fixtures and painting the popcorn ceilings. We patched, sanded, and painted the first coat on almost all the wall. There are only 3 very basic walls left in the dining room, but that's where we stashed the kitchen appliances. When my aunt opened that first can of Yucca White, I was very very unsure. It's been growing on me all day and I really liked the contrast once the Woodland Mystery went up. Spent the day trying to figure out what colour Yucca White is though! Iced Mint? Lemon-Lime Sorbet? The Woodland is more of a sage/olive colour. If your monitor and my monitor are the same, on this site, check out Honeydew (close to the Yucca), Sea Green Dark (close to Woodland), and Cornflower (close to my bedroom colour). It's not quite, but in the ballpark. You get the idea. Too bad you can't just see my hands. The Yucca White went up in the bathrooms, kitchen, front hallway, and closets. The Woodland is in the second bedroom. It was the dining room and living room that confused me. Some are light, some are dark. Trying for that accent wall thing, I guess. Had to make one trip to Rona today for more paint. We were seriously short on the light colour. I need to go in the morning again as we are now out of blue and could use some tape. I really underestimated paint, but then we didn't choose to prime. tomorrow, second coat! And then all the hardware has to go back on....

No comments: