Sunday, March 25, 2007

Productive Day

I love highly productive days. I really need to remember how I love this feeling of accomplishment and keep having this kind of day. Woke up at a decent time (for someone who works late!), went to my appointment, came home, did two loads of laundry and washed my hair while waiting for my sis. We went out to Ikea and found the nightstand lamps I've been wanting. We also bought a shelf for the kitchen, but I can't find a wooden wall mount paper towel holder anywhere! We then checked out the various furniture stores and I confirmed my desire for the Michigan sofa at Couch Potato. I took home some fabric swatches and will be going back tomorrow to order the queen sofabed and chair in Jessie Linen (a light tan/khaki) with pillows in Jupiter Flagstone (stripes of 3 shades of green ranging from celery to dark sage and one stripe of dark tan/camel). Here is the sofa, in similar green to the floor model. I considered green, but figured neutral beige is a better choice. Easier to change the walls down the road than the couch!! It's weird - I'm looking at the pic and never in a million years would I have picked this style out of a catalogue, but I love the way it feels when I sit in it. Tall people will most likely feel awkward, but it's MY couch!

After the couch shopping, we installed my laundry room shelves (finally!). Took way longer than I thought, but there was more thinking involved than I planned on. We rented The Guardian (actually good, 3.5 stars. 4 if I push it) and as we watched it, Angie painted the kitchen shelf and I workedon a sewing project.

Tomorrow - productive days continue, starting with a gym trip!

No comments: